Friday, November 20, 2009

Kevin Hannigan

When I first met Kevin all I wanted to do was run away with him. I knew he was so sad, so fucked up and a total mess. I knew what he was doing to himself, what he was eventually going to do to himself. I just wanted to run away with him, I wanted to take him to my house out in Berlin. I wanted to put him in a bath and cut his hair and love him unconditionally. I wanted to make him better. But, I knew better... so, I stayed away from him. I remember one night, after a show with Cory at Robs old Cat & Milk, he had (god knows how) busted open his forehead and was just wandering around outside the show bleeding. I remember sitting him down on the curb and (probably) using my dress or sweater or something to wipe the blood from his face. I remember he was smiling and it meant so much to him that I was so not phased by the whole thing. Every night I'd go out, my whole life, with Kevin in the back of my mind. Perhaps I'd run into him. And every time I did run into him, whenever he was around, I felt so lifted. He made it impossible to keep from smiling.


No comments:

Post a Comment